It’s not easy, but shop with a bare face
- Yup – think about it, if you test foundation over all that make-up you already have on, you’re not really matching it to your real skin tone, right?
Can’t find the one? Then buy two!
- Get two colours – one that looks slightly dark, and one that’s lighter. Then simply blend to use.
It’s all in the (fore)head.
- Instead of your jawline, test the colour on your forehead instead – this is where the skin is slightly darker than the rest of your face.
- After testing the shade, step out and double-check (use a small mirror or your compact) to see if it still looks okay under natural light, paying extra attention to your temples and jawline.
Or just DIY …
- Add three drops of your favourite liquid concealer to a 50-cent size blob of sunsblock, and you’ll get the equivalent of a medium coverage foundation.